International Language Camp Augsburg | Homestay
Augsburg is a historical town with a history that spans across 2000 years. As a major trading centre, Augsburg very quickly made a name for itself. Over the centuries the town has lived through much change, which is reflected today in its architecture and cultural heritage.
In the summer holidays, students from all over the world gather together in Germany’s second oldest town to learn English, French or German. Here, they can have their first international experience, socialising in lessons as well as in activity programmes, without having to travel to a remote place abroad.
In the town, you feel safe, relaxed and at ease. Numerous gardens and parks, as well as the lively pedestrian areas make a trip to Augsburg unforgettable for travellers of all ages. The historical buildings and the many street cafes give the town a Mediterranean feel.
- Safe town with a relaxed Mediterranean feel
- Bavarian university town with a historical Roman past
- Picturesque Renaissance city centre
- Camp experience with international students
Language Camp at a Glance
- Age Group: 12 - 17 years of age
- Camp Dates: 1st July – 12th August 2018
Duration: From 1 week (8 days / 7 nights)
610 EUR (first week)
585 EUR (each additional week)
- Language Courses:
German (A0 - B2)
English (A0 - B2, for closed groups only)
French (A1 - B2, for closed groups only)
Do you have any questions?
You are most welcome to call us directly. Susanne will be happy to assist you with any questions.
- Susanne Hofmann
+49 (0)661 92802-20
Where in Germany is the Language Camp Augsburg?
Language Camp Augsburg: German, English and French
In our International Language Camp Augsburg we offer language courses in:
- German (A0 – B2)
- English (A0 – B2, for closed groups only)
- French (A1 – B2, for closed groups only)
Your intensive language course will always take place in the morning with 4 lessons a day for 5 days. German students learn English or French, and students from other countries mostly learn German. At the beginning of every week each student will take a placement test in their chosen language, which the teachers will use to help them with the preparation for the lessons. Even though we will separate the groups by level when possible, sometimes, depending on the booking situation, different levels will be taught in the same class together. However, this will have no great effect on your ability to learn, as at home after all you also have different levels in your class at school. Our teachers are experienced in preparing the best lesson material appropriate for each individual student. There is also always a maximum of 15 students in our classes, so lessons are manageable and give you the opportunity to actively participate in class a lot more than you can at school.
Learning to use the language actively is the primary aim of the lessons. Our teachers create their own motivating, cultural and original lesson plans. They can be about a whole range of topics that are taken from “real life” in the form of discussions, role plays, interviews and other active elements. You will simply be able to speak and you should seize this opportunity as speaking the language will aid your learning success and motivation and allow you to take further steps with the language in the future. Your vocabulary and knowledge of grammar will also automatically expand and improve – not only through rote learning, but also through speaking and listening.
Our teachers are native speakers. That means that they do not only speak the language fluently, but they have an ingrained understanding of their native culture. Moreover, they have experience in communicating their language to students from other countries.
We teach from levels A0 (beginner without previous knowledge), respectively A1 in French (beginner with little knowledge) up to B2 (Upper Intermediate) in accordance with the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). We have different lesson material for every level, and the certificate that you receive at the end of your stay will indicate at what level and for how many hours you were taught.
Arrival and Accomodation
The arrival and departure day on the language camp in Augsburg is always on Sunday. Your parents will either bring you to the youth hostel by car, or you will come to Munich by plane, or to Augsburg ICE train station by train. If you arrive or depart by plane or train, we recommend you to sign up for a transfer to/from the youth hostel as early as possible upon booking. You will then be picked up punctually and won’t need to worry about anything.
Depending on your age, if you have booked a UM service (UM = Unaccompanied Minor) with your airline, you should also book the UM service for an extra fee additional to the transfer to the camp as early as possible with us, as airport checks and procedures are long and complicated.
Please organise your arrival and departure so that you check in between 14:00 and 17:00 and check out between 08:00 – 11:00. Lunch is not included in the price of your arrival and departure day. If you still need it due to early arrival or late departure times, you can book this for an additional fee. For arrivals and transfers outside the allotted times there will also be a surcharge.
Photos from the International Language Camp Augsburg
Free Time and Supervision
It is our policy to always offer a range of activities and programmes to our students. Every afternoon you will have a varied programme of activities. Together with all the other international students, you will have fun exploring the sights of the town or participating in sports activities.
If you are living with a host family, you will spend your evenings with them. The host families will be concerned for your own interests and welfare and integrate you in their everyday life. You might cook together with the family, play a typical board game. In addition, on one evening every week, the students will go to a typical German restaurant all together.
The highlight of the week, and a lovely end for everyone before they go home, is the day trip. You will go to interesting places, such as to Munich, Ammersee, or Füssen, where you will have a tour of the town to see the most important sights, or will visit an exciting museum. Included in the trip to Füssen is a visit and guided tour around Neuschwanstein castle. Other highlights of the day trips are Legoland in Günzburg and Skyline Park in Bad Wörishofen.
The free time programme is organised and led by our English, French and German speaking supervisors. There will always be a ratio of 10 students to at least one supervisor. Our supervisors will know ‘their’ students, just as you will get to know your supervisors. They are always there for you to talk to, whether you feel unwell, have a question, or just simply want to have a chat.
Furthermore, we have a 24-hour emergency hotline every day which we will react to immediately should there be a bigger problem.
Specials in Language Camp AugsburgIn addition to the regular free time programme you can also book an extra activity for two afternoons a week – our specials! If you would like to take part in our specials, you should let us know as early as possible when you book your trip. Depending on the sports, the providers responsible need to receive a form of consent from your parents in advance. We offer various opportunities with qualified and specialised experts:
ASTUR DaycampIf you come from the area, are on holiday with your parents nearby, or you can stay with relatives and don’t require accommodation, you can take part in our day camp programme. You will arrive punctually for language lessons in the morning from Monday to Friday, have lunch and dinner and take part in the afternoon and evening activity programme. As a day camper you can also book our specials and the day trip on Saturday. However, we need to know this as early as possible upon booking so that we can plan for exact numbers.
Package Language Camp Augsburg | Homestay
- Arrival and departure is on Sunday (arrival 14:00 – 17:00, departure 08:00 – 11:00)
- Self-arranged arrival by car to / from the youth hostel in Augsburg
- Self-arranged arrival to Munich airport (MUC); Transfer to / from the youth hostel in Augsburg optional
- Self-arranged arrival to Augsburg ICE train station; Transfer to / from the youth hostel in Augsburg optional
- From 8 days / 7 nights, additional weeks (7 days / 7 nights)
- Private accommodation with 2 to 4 guests with a host family, sharing 2-bed rooms with other students (for international students); accommodation as only guest of one nationality optional
- Full board with breakfast, lunch/packed lunch, dinner
- Intensive language course German(A0 – B2), English (A0 – B2) or French (A1 – B2) each with 4 lessons in the morning every day for 5 days (in total 20 lessons of 45 minutes per week) with qualified native speaker teachers
- Placement test at the beginning of every week
- Class size maximum 15 students
- Provision of teaching material (textbook, workbook, folder, pen)
- ASTUR certificate with an individual grade in accordance with CEFR at the end of the course
- One day trip per week every Saturday, e.g. to Munich, Ammersee, Füssen, including the Neuschwanstein castle, Legoland Günzburg or Skyline Park Bad Wörishofen
- Daily ASTUR activity and sports programme in the afternoon, e.g. sightseeing in the area, workshops, sports (all entrance fees included)
- Daily evening programme with host family in order to experience German culture, e.g. cooking together, board games, trip to a restaurant
- Public transport travel cards for daily activities
- Specials: StreetDance Workshop and MultiSport Sessions (optional, additional fee)
- Free time programme in international groups with German, English and French speaking supervisors
- Staff to student ratio 1 : 10 (for every 10 students 1 supervisor)
- 24/7 Emergency Hotline and around the clock care with the ASTUR team on the camp
- Extensive information material before the beginning of the trip
- ASTUR student ID card with emergency contacts
- Participation in the intensive language course in the morning as well as in the free time programme in the afternoon and evenings on Monday – Friday as described
- Lunch and dinner
- Specials and day trip on Saturday (optional, additional fee)
- Travel Insurance (Third Party, Medical, Accident) optional (additional fee)
Prices and Dates
|International Language Camp Augsburg 2018 (Homestay)|
|Course Dates||Language Courses||Homestay Accommodation||Daycamp per Week|
|One Week||Additional Week|
|01.07.2018 – 08.07.2018||✓||✓||✓||610 EUR||585 EUR||395 EUR|
|08.07.2018 – 15.07.2018||✓||✓||✓||610 EUR||585 EUR||395 EUR|
|15.07.2018 – 22.07.2018||✓||✓||✓||610 EUR||585 EUR||395 EUR|
|22.07.2018 – 29.07.2018||✓||✓||✓||610 EUR||585 EUR||395 EUR|
|29.07.2018 – 05.08.2018||✓||✓||✓||610 EUR||585 EUR||395 EUR|
|05.08.2018 – 12.08.2018||✓||✓||✓||610 EUR||-||395 EUR|
|Accommodation as only guest of one nationality in a family (per week)||50 EUR|
|Special: StreetDance Workshop (minimum 6 participants)*||50 EUR|
|Special: MultiSport Sessions (minimum 6 participants)*||60 EUR|
|Day trip on Saturday for Day campers||45 EUR|
|Travel Insurance: Third Party, Medical, Accident for EU** citizens (per day)||1,10 EUR|
|Travel Insurance: Third Party, Medical, Accident for non-EU** citizens (per day)||2,00 EUR|
|Invitation / booking confirmation for visa (plus postage)||30 EUR|
|Transfers (always one-way)||Surcharge|
|from / to Munich airport (MUC)***||120 EUR|
|from / to Augsburg ICE train station||inclusive|
|UM service fee (when UM booked with the airline)||40 EUR|
|Early arrival (before 12:00 noon) or late departure (after 01:00 PM)||75 EUR|
|Additional lunch with an early arrival or late departure||15 EUR|
* Specials replace two afternoon activities per week.
** EU = European Union + Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland
*** Taxi transfer, costs are reduced, when several participants (1 - 3) share a taxi
Minimum 12 participants per date and language course.
Subject to technical modifications concerning processes and programme items!
If you would like to send your application by fax or by post, you can download the Application Form and fill it out.
The contents of our programmes are based on the European standards for language travel DIN EN 14804.