International Language Camp Diez an der Lahn | Residence
Would you like to live like royalty? In Diez language camp you will not only live in a castle, but will learn languages and find new international friends there as well. In a brilliant location, the castle has an amazing view over the Lahn Valley and the surrounding landscape. However, the castle is not the only thing that Diez has to offer; the beautiful old little town in the Rheinland-Pfalz is located in a very safe area, and is full to the brim with a range of fun outdoor activities, from canoeing to climbing to diving.
You will live and learn in the youth hostel in Diez, a renovated castle, which reigns high above over the town. Although the building still looks medieval on the outside, the rooms have been completely redone and are very modern..
- The perfect destination for your first language trip alone
- Camp experience with international students
- Small, safe town with 10,000 inhabitants
Language Camp at a Glance
- Age Group: 10 - 15 years old
- Camp Dates: 2nd July - 13th August 2017
Duration: From 1 week (8 days / 7 nights)
675 EUR (first week)
650 EUR (each additional week)
- Language Courses:
Do you have questions?
You are most welcome to call us directly. Susanne will be happy to assist you with any questions.
- Susanne Baumgart-Hofmann
+49 (0)661 92082-20
Where in Germany is the Language Camp Diez an der Lahn?
Language Camp Diez an der Lahn: German and English
In our International Language Camp Diez an der Lahn we offer language courses in:
- German (A0 – B2)
- English (A0 – B2)
Your intensive language course will always take place in the morning with 4 lessons a day for 5 days. German students learn English and students from other countries learn German. At the beginning of every week each student will take a placement test in their chosen language, which the teachers will use to help them with preparation for the lessons. Even though we will separate the groups by level when possible, sometimes, depending on the booking situation, different levels will be taught in the same class together. However, this will have no great effect on your ability to learn, as at home after all you also have different levels in your class at school. Our teachers are experienced in preparing the best lesson material appropriate for each individual student. There is also always a maximum of 15 students in our classes, so lessons are manageable and give you the opportunity to actively participate in class a lot more than you can at school.
Learning to use the language actively is the primary aim of the lessons. Our teachers create their own motivating, cultural and original lesson plans. They can be about a whole range of topics that are taken from “real life” in the form of discussions, role plays, interviews and other active elements. You will simply be able to speak and you should seize this opportunity as speaking the language will aid your learning success and motivation and allow you to take further steps with the language in the future. Your vocabulary and knowledge of grammar will also automatically expand and improve – not only through rote learning, but also through speaking and listening.
Our teachers are native speakers. That means that they do not only speak the language fluently, but they have an ingrained understanding of their native culture. Moreover, they have experience in communicating their language to students from other countries.
We teach from levels A0 (beginner without previous knowledge) up to B2 (Upper Intermediate) in accordance with the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). We have different lesson material for every level, and the certificate that you receive at the end of your stay will indicate at what level and for how many hours you were taught.
Arrival and Accommodation
The arrival and departure day on the language camp in Diez is always on Sunday. Your parents will either bring you to the youth hostel by car, or you will come by plane to Frankfurt, or by train to Limburg Süd ICE train station. If you arrive or depart by plane or train, we recommend you to sign up for a transfer to/from the youth hostel as early as possible upon booking. You will then be picked up punctually and won’t need to worry about anything.
Depending on your age, if you have booked a UM service (UM = Unaccompanied Minor) with your airline, you should also book the UM service for an extra fee additional to the transfer to the camp as early as possible with us, as airport checks and procedures are long and complicated.
Please organise your arrival and departure so that you check in between 14:00 and 17:00 and check out between 08:00 – 11:00. Lunch is not included in the price of your arrival and departure day. If you need it due to early or late arrival or departure times, you can book this for an additional fee. For arrivals and transfers outside of the allotted times there will also be a surcharge.
Photos from the International Language Camp Diez an der Lahn
Free Time and Supervision
It is our policy to always offer a range of activities and programmes to our students. Every afternoon you will have a varied programme of activities. Together with all the other international students, you will have fun exploring the sights of the town or participating in sports activities.
After dinner there is an evening activity in the youth hostel; sometimes you will be dancing together at a party or taking part in other activities. Just like in the afternoons, you will also have the opportunity to practise your foreign languages here, as you will want to get to know the students from other countries. In the breaks in between lessons, as well as in your free time in between activities and meal times, you can explore the castle and its idyllic courtyard. Perhaps you will play a round of table football or table tennis, or you will simply sit and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere in the grounds.
Every day ends with our daily feedback session “Time to Talk” (TTT) before our students go to bed. Here, you can share what you have especially liked or did not like so much in the day with your leaders. You can ask questions, and you will be told about any relevant information for the next day.
The highlight of the week, and a lovely end for everyone before they go home, is the day trip. You will go to a town, such as Frankfurt or Koblenz and will see the most important sights on a tour and visit an exciting museum.
The free time programme is organised and led by our German and English speaking supervisors. There will always be a ratio of ten students to at least one supervisor. Our supervisors will know ‘their’ students, just as you will get to know your supervisors. They are always there for you to talk to, whether you feel unwell, have a question, or just simply want to have a chat.
Furthermore, we have a 24-hour emergency hotline every day which we will react to immediately should there be a bigger problem.
Specials in Language Camp Diez an der Lahn
In addition to the regular free time programme you can also book an extra activity for two afternoons a week – our specials! If you would like to take part in our specials, you should let us know as early as possible when you book your trip. Depending on the sport, the providers responsible need to receive a form of consent from your parents in advance. We offer various opportunities with qualified and specialised experts:
If you come from the area, are on holiday with your parents nearby, or you can stay with relatives and don’t require accommodation, you can take part in our day camp programme. You will arrive punctually for language lessons in the morning from Monday to Friday, have lunch and dinner and take part in the afternoon and evening activity programme.
As a day camper you can also book our specials and the day trip on Saturday. However, we need to know this as early as possible upon booking so that we can plan for exact numbers.
Package Language Camp Diez an der Lahn | Residence
- Arrival and departure is on Sunday (arrival 14:00 – 17:00, departure 08:00 – 11:00)
- Self-arranged arrival by car to / from the youth hostel in Diez
- Self-arranged arrival to Frankfurt airport (FRA); Transfer to / from the youth hostel in Diez optional
- Self-arranged arrival to ICE-Bahnhof Limburg Süd; Transfer to / from the youth hostel in Diez optional
- From 8 days / 7 nights, additional weeks (7 days / 7 nights)
- Accommodation in the Grafenschloss youth hostel Diez, sharing a 4 bed room with ensuite shower and toilet with students of other nationalities
- Full board with breakfast, lunch/packed lunch, dinner
- Intensive language course English (A0 – B2) or German (A0 – B2) each with 4 lessons in the morning every day for 5 days (in total 20 lessons a week at 45 minutes) with qualified native speaker teachers
- Placement test at the beginning of every week
- Class size maximum 15 students
- Provision of teaching material (textbook, workbook, folder, pen)
- ASTUR certificate with an individual grade in accordance with CEFR at the end of the course
- Extensive information material before the beginning of the trip
- ASTUR student ID card with emergency contacts
- Wi-Fi can be booked through the youth hostel at a charge
- One day trip per week every Saturday, e.g. to Koblenz including a visit to the Deutsches Eck, Frankfurt/Main including a museum visit, Gießen including a visit to the Mathematikum, or to Andernach including a Geysir experience
- Daily ASTUR activity and sport programme in the afternoon, e.g. sightseeing in the area, workshops, sport (all entrance fees incl.)
- Daily evening programme with supervisors, e.g. welcome party, BBQ-party, bowling, film evening, trip to a restaurant, games evening, talent show, farewell party
- Access to all facilities in the youth hostel (a welcoming sun terrace with a table tennis in the castle courtyard and a knight’s hall with a table tennis table and games etc.)
- Daily feedback session „Time to Talk“ (TTT)
- Specials canoeing, climbing and under water diving (optional, additional fee)
- Free time programme in international groups with German and English speaking supervisors
- Camp languages English and German
- Staff to student ratio 1 : 10 (for every 10 students 1 supervisor)
- 24/7 Emergency Hotline and around the clock care with the ASTUR team on the camp
- Participation in the intensive language course in the morning as well as in the free time programme in the afternoon and evenings on Monday – Friday as described
- Lunch and dinner
- Specials and day trip on Saturday (optional, additional fee)
- Travel Insurance (Third Party, Medical, Accident) optional (additional fee)
Prices and Dates
|International Language Camp Diez an der Lahn 2017 (Residential)|
|Course Dates||Language Courses||Residential Accommodation||Daycamp per Week|
|One Week||Additional Week|
|02.07.2017 – 09.07.2017||✓||✓||675 EUR||650 EUR||395 EUR|
|09.07.2017 – 16.07.2017||✓||✓||675 EUR||650 EUR||395 EUR|
|16.07.2017 – 23.07.2017||✓||✓||675 EUR||650 EUR||395 EUR|
|23.07.2017 – 30.07.2017||✓||✓||675 EUR||650 EUR||395 EUR|
|30.07.2017 – 06.08.2017||✓||✓||675 EUR||650 EUR||395 EUR|
|06.08.2017 – 13.08.2017||✓||✓||675 EUR||-||395 EUR|
|Deposit (will be returned at the end of the stay)||50 EUR|
|Special: Canoeing on the Lahn (minimum 8 participants)*||45 EUR|
|Special: Climbing in Diez forest (minimum 6 participants)*||25 EUR|
|Special: Diving in the Diez nature park lake (minimum 6 participants)*||60 EUR|
|Day trip on Saturday for Day campers||45 EUR|
|Travel Insurance: Third Party, Medical, Accident for EU** citizens (per day)||1,10 EUR|
|Travel Insurance: Third Party, Medical, Accident for non-EU** citizens (per day)||2,00 EUR|
|Invitation / booking confirmation for visa (plus postage)||30 EUR|
|Transfers (always one-way)||Surcharge|
|to / from Frankfurt airport (FRA)||55 EUR|
|to / from ICE train station Limburg Süd||25 EUR|
|UM service fee (when UM booked with the airline)||40 EUR|
|Early arrival (before 12:00) or late departure (after 13:00)||75 EUR|
|Additional lunch with an early arrival or late departure||15 EUR|
* Specials replace two afternoon activities per week.
** EU = European Union + Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland
Minimum 12 participants per date and language course.
Subject to technical modifications concerning processes and programme items!
If you would like to send your application by fax or by post, you can also download the Application Form and fill it out.
The contents of our programmes are based on the European standards for language travel DIN EN 14804.