International Language Camp Wiesbaden | Homestay
Wiesbaden lies right at the heart of the Rhein Main Area and is only a few kilometres away from the city of Frankfurt and Frankfurt airport. The town is famous for having thermal springs that were used by the Romans.
With 300,000 inhabitants, Wiesbaden attracts visitors with a variety of attractions and activities. Today‘s local recreational area at the state-owned Schierstein harbour provides excellent facilities for watersports. Another attraction is the Neroberbahn; this cable car travels directly to the top of the 245 high Neroberg, where there is a lot of interesting, historical buildings to visit. Wiesbaden is definitely worth a visit!
- Tradition and modern lifestyle
- Camp experience with international students
- Excellent accessibility
Language Camp at a Glance
- Age Group: 14 - 17 years old
- Camp Dates: 2nd July - 13th August 2017
Duration: From 1 week (8 days / 7 nights)
585 EUR (first week)
560 EUR (each additional week)
- Language Courses:
Do you have questions?
You are most welcome to call us directly. Jutta will be happy to assist you with any questions.
- Jutta Baus
+49 (0)661 92802-13
Where in Germany is the Language Camp Wiesbaden?
Language Courses in Wiesbaden: German and English
In our International Language Camp Wiesbaden we offer language courses in:
- German (A0 – B2)
- English (A0 – B2)
Your intensive language course will always take place in the morning with 4 lessons a day for 5 days. German students learn English and students from other countries learn German. At the beginning of every week each student will take a placement test in their chosen language, which the teachers will use to help them with preparation for the lessons. Even though we will separate the groups by level when possible, sometimes, depending on the booking situation, different levels will be taught in the same class together. However, this will have no great effect on your ability to learn, as at home after all you also have different levels in your class at school. Our teachers are experienced in preparing the best lesson material appropriate for each individual student. There is also always a maximum of 15 students in our classes, so lessons are manageable and give you the opportunity to actively participate in class a lot more than you can at school.
Learning to use the language actively is the primary aim of the lessons. Our teachers create their own motivating, cultural and original lesson plans. They can be about a whole range of topics that are taken from “real life” in the form of discussions, role plays, interviews and other active elements. You will simply be able to speak and you should seize this opportunity as speaking the language will aid your learning success and motivation and allow you to take further steps with the language in the future. Your vocabulary and knowledge of grammar will also automatically expand and improve – not only through rote learning, but also through speaking and listening.
Our teachers are native speakers. That means that they do not only speak the language fluently, but they have an ingrained understanding of their native culture. Moreover, they have experience in communicating their language to students from other countries.
We teach from levels A0 (beginner without previous knowledge) up to B2 (Upper Intermediate) in accordance with the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). We have different lesson material for every level, and the certificate that you receive at the end of your stay will indicate at what level and for how many hours you were taught.
Arrival and Accommodation
The arrival and departure day on the language camp in Wiesbaden is always on Sunday. Your parents will either bring you to the youth hostel by car, or you will come by plane to Munich, or by train to Augsburg ICE train station. If you arrive or depart by plane or train, we recommend you to sign up for a transfer to/from the youth hostel as early as possible upon booking. You will then be picked up punctually and won’t need to worry about anything.
Please organise your arrival and departure so that you check in between 14:00 and 17:00 and check out between 08:00 – 11:00. Lunch is not included in the price of your arrival and departure day. If you need it due to early arrival or late departure times, you can book this for an additional fee. For arrivals and transfers outside the allotted times there will also be a surcharge.
Free Time and SupervisionIt is our policy to always offer a range of activities and programmes to our students. Every afternoon you will have a varied programme of activities. Together with all the other international students, you will have fun exploring the sights of the town or participating in sports activities. If you are living with a host family, you will spend your evenings with them. The host families will be concerned for your own interests and welfare and integrate you in their everyday life. You might cook together with the family or play a typical board game. In addition, on one evening every week, the students will go to a typical German restaurant all together. The highlight of the week, and a lovely end to the camp for those going home, is the day trip. You will go to a town, such as Frankfurt or Heidelberg, where you will have a tour of the most important sights and visit an exciting museum. You might also go to the Rhine Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and take a boat trip under the world-famous Loreley Cliff. The free time programme is organised and led by our English and German speaking supervisors. There will always be a ratio of fifteen students to at least one supervisor. Our supervisors will know ‘their’ students, just as you will get to know your supervisors. They are always there for you to talk to, whether you feel unwell, have a question, or just simply want to have a chat. Furthermore, we have a 24-hour emergency hotline every day which we will react to immediately should there be a bigger problem.
Specials in Language Camp WiesbadenIn addition to the regular free time programme you can also book an extra activity for two afternoons a week – our specials! If you would like to take part in our specials, you should let us know as early as possible when you book your trip. Depending on the sport, the providers responsible need to receive a form of consent from your parents in advance. We offer various opportunities with qualified and specialised experts:
ASTUR DaycampIf you come from the area, are on holiday with your parents nearby, or you can stay with relatives and don’t require accommodation, you can take part in our day camp programme. You will arrive punctually for language lessons in the morning from Monday to Friday, have lunch and take part in the afternoon and evening activity programme. As a day camper you can also book our specials and the day trip on Saturday. However, we need to know this as early as possible upon booking so that we can plan for exact numbers. Please note that when booking Day Camp in Wiesbaden you will not receive any dinner.
Package Language Camp Wiesbaden | Homestay
- Arrival and departure is on Sunday (arrival 14:00 – 17:00, departure 08:00 – 11:00)
- Self-arranged arrival by car to / from Wiesbaden
- Self-arranged arrival to Frankfurt airport (FRA); Transfer to / from Wiesbaden optional
- Self-arranged arrival to Frankfurt central station; Transfer to / from Wiesbaden optional
- Self-arranged arrival to Wiesbaden central station
- From 8 days / 7 nights, additional weeks (7 days / 7 nights)
- Private accommodation with 2 to 4 guests with a host family, sharing 2-bed rooms with other students (for international students); accommodation as only guest of one nationality optional
- Full board with breakfast, lunch/packed lunch, dinner
- Intensive language course English (A0 – B2) or German (A0 – B2) each with 4 lessons inthe morning every day for 5 days (in total 20 lessons a week at 45 minutes) with qualifiednative speaker teachers
- Placement test at the beginning of every week
- Class size maximum 15 students
- Provision of teaching material (textbook, workbook, folder, pen)
- ASTUR certificate with an individual grade in accordance with CEFR at the end of the course
- One day trip per week every Saturday, e.g. to Frankfurt/Main including a museum visit, Rhine tour with Lorelei or to Heidelberg
- Daily ASTUR activity and sport programme in the afternoon, e.g. sightseeing in the area, workshops, sport (all entrance fees incl.)
- Daily evening programme with host family in order to experience German culture, e.g. cooking together, board games, trip to a restaurant
- Public transport travel cards for daily activities
- Special Climbing Lessons (optional, additional fee)
- Free time programme in international groups with German and English speaking supervisors
- Camp languages English and German
- Staff to student ratio 1 : 15 (for every 15 students 1 supervisor)
- 24/7 Emergency Hotline and around the clock care with the ASTUR team on the camp
- Extensive information material before the beginning of the trip
- ASTUR student ID card with emergency contacts
- Participation in the intensive language course in the morning as well as in the free time programme in the afternoon and evenings on Monday – Friday as described
- Specials and day trip on Saturday (optional, additional fee)
- Travel Insurance (Third Party, Medical, Accident) optional (additional fee)
Prices and Dates
|International Language Camp Wiesbaden 2017 (Homestay)|
|Course Dates||Language Courses||Homestay Accommodation||Daycamp per Week|
|One Week||Additional Week|
|02.07.2017 – 09.07.2017||✓||✓||585 EUR||560 EUR||395 EUR|
|09.07.2017 – 16.07.2017||✓||✓||585 EUR||560 EUR||395 EUR|
|16.07.2017 – 23.07.2017||✓||✓||585 EUR||560 EUR||395 EUR|
|23.07.2017 – 30.07.2017||✓||✓||585 EUR||560 EUR||395 EUR|
|30.07.2017 – 06.08.2017||✓||✓||585 EUR||560 EUR||395 EUR|
|06.08.2017 – 13.08.2017||✓||✓||585 EUR||-||395 EUR|
|Accommodation as only guest of one nationality in a family (per week)||50 EUR|
|Special: Climbing Lessons (minimum 8 participants)*||30 EUR|
|Day trip on Saturday for Day campers||45 EUR|
|Travel Insurance: Third Party, Medical, Accident for EU** citizens (per day)||1,10 EUR|
|Travel Insurance: Third Party, Medical, Accident for non-EU** citizens (per day)||2,00 EUR|
|Invitation / booking confirmation for visa (plus postage)||30 EUR|
|Transfers (always one-way)||Zuschlag|
|from / to Frankfurt airport (FRA)||50 EUR|
|from / to Frankfurt central station||50 EUR|
|from / to Wiesbaden central station||inclusive|
|Early arrival (before 12:00) or late departure (after 13:00)||75 EUR|
|Additional lunch with an early arrival or late departure||15 EUR|
* Specials replace two afternoon activities per week.
** EU = European Union + Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland.
Minimum 12 participants per date and language course.
Subject to technical modifications concerning processes and programme items!
If you would like to send your application by fax or by post, you can also download the Application Form and fill it out.
The contents of our programmes are based on the European standards for language travel DIN EN 14804.